One year ago, four European clusters specialised in the water and energy sectors launched an ambitious project: AEWEN for Africa Europe Water & Energy Network.
What is the AEWEN project?
This European funded project aims to build a sustainable African-European network to encourage collaborations on innovative water and green energy solutions and to support the internationalisation of SMEs. Three African countries are involved in this project: Morocco, Senegal and Tunisia.
Visit the project website for further information.
What has been achieved so far?
- 146 members joined the network and were mapped according to their activity
- 9 partnerships signed with key stakeholders in Morocco, Senegal and Tunisia
- 3 workshops with African partners
- 3 webinars organised for companies with the aim to explain the project, to share experience and intelligence on countries.
- 1 internationalisation strategy
- 91 companies and business organisations participated in AEWEN’s activities
- 2 international fairs (IFAT Munich & World Water Forum Dakar) and many more events to promote the network
Over 2023, webinars will be organised for companies to gain knowledge on funding opportunities and key topics to support their internationalisation. In addition, SMEs will have the opportunity to take part in collective business missions to Morocco, Senegal and Tunisia.
Stay tuned for further information on AEWEN’s activities!